Monday, May 5, 2008

this will be realllly short!

rah! i'm blogging excessively! this happens when work gets piling up and to convince that i've enough time to finish everything, momo goes on her own frolic - either daydreaming, blogging, msning blah blah blah except doing real solid work.

anyways, i'm locked out of my own apartment now because i lost my blardy access card which costs 60 bucks to get a new one. SIXTY BUCKS! you must be kiddin me. I refuse to pay for it and so i will camp in the i/c temporarily till nat gets home.

hohoho, i juuussttt read an email sent by toby, my torts tutor bout e prep for moots:

Introductions - At the start of the moot the Judge will enter the room, sit, and indicate that you may start. The senior on each team (usually the person who goes first, unless you think one of you should be "senior" for some other reason) stands and introduces themselves and their junior as follows: "May it please the court, my name is [last name only] and I appear for the [party you represent]. I will be assisted by my junior counsel [last name of your partner]" You may also (briefly) describe the points of argument each of you will be covering.

Addressing the Court - The Judge is "your honour". Cases can be cited by their name only (you do not need to cite their law report references as well) Your opponent is "my learned friend".

i really dreaded it initially but when i was reading it, i kinda think it would be fun! i can sooo imagine myself shaking and stammering and uttering nonsense during my moot. luckily, it is not graded but unluckily, ur peers can laugh at your or rather my nervousness and probably random answers. HAHA omg i just remembered ytd's Q&A when the judge asked something bout the Porsche and i gave a very stupid answer and i am very sure his jaw dropped.

No comments: