Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stirring

I finally garnered the courage to post this entry.

Well, its been the 2nd night since Mom and Dad left and although this is the 2187390th time I've experienced good byes, I still find it afflictive.

I still can't help but feel a rush of emotions when they were loading their luggages into the car. Just a lil more than a month ago, I said goodbye to the Odacians and now again, I'd to say good bye to my parents. Like always, I couldn't bear seeing them drive away. I swiftly closed the car doors and muttered 'bye', without even saying 'have a smooth flight' and quickly walked home.

I told myself that I WILL NOT CRY but my tears just kept flowing. This is why:

The 2 days before they left, they drove me to places which are far from town because they knew I wouldn't go to such places if they weren't here.

They insisted that I bring forward my orthodontist appointment so they can drive me there. (Although it was really inefficient and unnecessary because they had to make 2 trips)

They stocked up so much food for me (such that I think I can survive a year of war)

My mom stayed up the whole night to clean up the house, marinate the meat, do the laundry, basically everything she can such that I can be a bum the next few weeks without worrying about food or housework.

Whenever we do grocery shopping my mom fights with me over the carrying of stuff. She says she that if I continue carrying such heavy stuff which I always do, I will become shorter (???) and I'll have a difficult time giving birth (?!?!?) Sounds like a warped logic but you get my point.

They make me feel like a real princess - I DON'T DO ANY HOUSEWORK WHEN THEY ARE HERE! She wakes up early in the morning to prepare breakfast when I said that bread would do.

Whatever they do is always because of me, me, me, ME AND ME and of course my brother. Basically, us, kids.

My mom always says that my Dad spends all his money on us and he only buys 3 for $10 Pasar Malam shirts when he is a General Manager.

I guess my attitude towards them perceptibly changed since Sec School, JC. They ruled my life with an iron fist. I reproach them for pushing me into things I don't like. But as I grew older, they gradually see my point and on my part, saw their painstaking efforts.

I venerate them.

My friends came over the night they left which brought me assuagement. I'm thankful for that although I guess they would never know.


Yeah I am a lucky shitass who always get stuck in her own whirlpool and I deserve to get a lashing out from somebody if I don't get my ass moving.

Huiling tells herself: pull yourself together you lousy momo!!

Oh! And I really like this prologue written by Bill Clinton:

'I have been graced beyond measure by my family life with Hillary and Chelsea. Like all families' lives, ours is not perfect, but it has been wonderful. Its flaws, as all the world knows, are mostly mine, and its continuing promise is grounded in their love. No person I know ever had more or better friends. Indeed, a strong case can be made that I rose to the presidency on the shoulders of my personal friends, the now legendary FOBs.'

[Edited]
Haha, I thought this was quite funny. We always don't listen to each other:
chen - my dad
Huiling - of course thats me

chen says:
r u there

Huiling says:
yeah

chen says:
we r back to office

Huiling says:
huh singapore?

Huiling says:
i thought u were in bangkok

chen says:
aiyah,you never listen did you

chen says:
we were in bangkok only for a night cos we need to be back to office to finish up some urgent matters then we are off to Hongkong on teuesday.

chen says:
did you go out with your friends

Huiling says:
nvr..i said so many times tt it was raining what..u also nvr listen

chen says:
u told mommy not me

chen says:
i am daddy

Huiling says:
i know, i told both of you whattt

HAHA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Given that you have deep repsect for them, haave you ever told them how much you appreciated them. Did you ever try to express yourself subtely with care and concerns for them that they knew you deeply respected and appreciated them?