Monday, November 10, 2008

As lazy as Huiling

HOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am done with Contracts, Macroeconomics and Torts!
HOOOOYYYAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm relieved that its over not because I do not like them just that it was the most hellish/traumatizing/stressful/draining exams I ever took in my entire life. Not kidding.

When I saw my exam timetable, I knew I was gone:
6/11 Law of Contract (2:15pm - 5:30pm)
7/11 Macroeconomics (9:15am - 12:30pm)
8/11 Law of Torts (2:15pm - 5:30pm)

What perfect dates - to squeeze my 3 core papers in 3 days, 2 out of which are full year papers. So.not.funny. Still trying to be ambitious, I was determined to read all my cases (~500 pages for torts, ~400 pages for contracts). I became a hermit the week preceding the exams, never stepping out of the house. The housework accumulated, the toilet paper and food depleted but Momo was flustered, trying to save her sorry ass by cramming and churning out pages and pages and pages of notes - almost finishing 1 cartridge of ink within a day.

As usual, my time management skills were far from perfect. Rather, I was (also as usual) too stubborn to just read the damn summarized notes. I spent practically ALL my time on contracts, allocating close to nothing for Torts and Econs. I felt that contracts was too important to neglect or do badly, a challenging paper thus a good test of ability, I like it, I like my lecturer, and I attended quite a bit of lectures for it. It was a bad choice I know because the subsequent days after contracts were seriously LIKE HELL and I have never felt so tired/desperate/hopeless/helpless etc before. But then again, I know if given another chance, based on my character, I would have done the same so no regrets.

Basically, after contracts I was beaten and the thought of having to study Econs (freaking 11 topics) after a draining 3hour paper, within 1 night and drag myself early next morning to sit for the other paper was blooodddyyy demoralizing. The desire to do well in that paper adds further to the burden. Anyways, its beyond words to describe my frustrations. The table was acting like a magnet that night, pulling my head down and I finally gave in around 1plus 2am.

The second day of battle didn't come any easier. I was so tired during the exam I hardly put an effort to think. I was contemplating to sleep for half an hour during the paper and wake up later so I can have a lil more concentration but I was darn scared that I would oversleep so I pushed on. Uh, but I reached my maximum endurance level and left half an hour earlier. (I knew the worst is yet to come, I had to complete 1 year of torts within 1 day).

Ok, part 3 of the battle was by far the most horrid and traumatizing one. I have never cursed so much in my life, so afraid to fail yet so desperately wanted to do well. I remembered when I saw the pile of notes I had to read at 1am, tears welled up and I was on the verge of giving up. By then, I was already ridiculously tired after 1 week of slogging. Anyway, I cursed like no other and collapsed in bed at 2am, completing only unintentional torts. I woke up at ~8am the next morning and chionged intentional torts. O.M.G. it was so pressurizing I never knew that I could speed read THAT fast. I completed 6months worth of work in 4hours. Rested a lil and went through the structure and format of the exam and off I went, feeling like I'm 1% prepared.

But it didn't go all that badly, or rather, thats what I think, you never know till the results are out. I might have addressed the wrong issues and totally screw it up but something to be proud of is... I WROTE 30PAGES!!!

And after this whole traumatizing experience, I went to the High Court and voted for the very first time! I was a lil reluctant initially because I did not know about the electorates well enough to make a sound decision but then again, thats when democracy fails - when people like me any how vote. No lah, not really any how but not technically serious as well.

Next was spring cleaning. My apartment was FILTHY. It was sooo disgusting I had to clean something up even I was already half-dead. So I did till my back was screaming in pain and I ended my day watching some elections-related programme.

Ok the next 2 days, Huiling has been ridiculously lazy and greedy, so much so she refused to get out of her house although she had heaps of errands to run. Maybe because the house feels so clean now she must enjoy every bit of it before it gets dirty again. I woke up, ate rice and mushrooms stuffed with mincemeat for breakfast, an hour later, rice with egg and went back to sleep. Then we headed down to mission bay for ice cream and then I had tom yum for dinner. Next morning I woke up to have tom yum with rice and headed back to bed.

I am recovering.

Then again, I actually have not finished my exams. Haha.

No comments: