Friday, January 2, 2009

Chill leh!

And when I thought I could chill at home after gym today...

I got a job offer!

It was really random and extempore

I rushed down to Tanjong Pagar (!!!!! THAT PLACE AGAIN!!!!) and we met to discuss the jobscope and stuff. I was a lil hesitant taking it up because I'm still holding on to my current internship and a couple of pending ones. But I know the pending ones have the possibility of remaining pending forever and as the discussion lengthens, I knew I had to take it up, just because

1) He knows that I'm working in the day so its a take-home project. I do not need to work in the office. (YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

2) Its about law. To be specific, its white collar criminal law. The case seems interesting. And since its P&C, it makes it even more.... alluring!

3) Access to certain documents. I know I won't really be restricted in any ways if I work on this case, so its gonna be a bloody good learning experience (I hope!).

But the downside is...

Damn...I can never escape frm accounting, can I? Heaps and heaps of accounting terms. But thankfully, I understand the basic stuff...I reckon it will make the research a lil less painful. When I was browsing through the judgment, I saw IAS, FRS and stuff like that. OMG, weren't those which freaked me out 2 semesters ago! But its alright, as long as I do not need to do those journal entries and blah blah blah I should be able to survive.

And another downside of it is... I'll be working way more than before. Work in December was kinda slack but everything will be picking up in January. With this coming in, uh...my nights are more or less gone. So! I'm determined to quit the current one! Woohooo... ! Can rest more, can slack around, yet doing some work.

Its Saturday tomorrow, a day which I thought I was just going to chill just like I thought I would today. But, he gave me this stack of documents to read tonight... and another briefing tomorrow.

I'm gonna harness my supersonic reading skills and finish it up and save my supposedly restful weekend! I almost forgot the fact that life is not all about working!

I hope things will get better...
She is so clear of her directions, yet she is lost in the moment.

No comments: