Friday, January 2, 2009

Wiped out

I never really believe in making New Year resolutions - because I believe in constant purposefulness.

But its always important to look back and understand, accept, learn and try being better.

Finally, I made an effort to clear up my cellphone's inbox as I was waiting for my parents to pick me up. My inbox was exploding with close to 1000 texts... and as I was deleting them, the somewhat familiar yet distant memories started flooding in. It pretty much wrapped up 2008. Everything seems clearer, and hindsight is definitely better than foresight.

Draining is the word to describe 2008. Looking back, I can't believe I pulled through the last 3 years. They have been the shortest yet most intensive years in my life. I've always thought that I won't be able to make it through another similar year, but it somehow happens even if its tougher. I guess thats how humans are - they somehow just suck it up and make it through if they have no choice. After awhile, you realize thats just the way it is and slowly, start making the best out of it.

2009 somehow feels intimidating. Nightmares after nightmares about NZ recently, I don't exactly know why too. I know its going to be a tough year ahead, that being due to various reasons. Yet its also another year worth giving a shot.

But before anything, I really, really, really think I have to give myself a break. I've been running on...I-don't-know-what for so long, I can't seem to stop. I thought I was wiped out in Semester 2 but it has been accumulating ever since. I'm just so excited about everything, wanting to give everything a shot (like the previous post) such that I perpetually feel tired. So...... ta-da! After gym tomorrow, I'll go home and chill.

For the next few days, I will avoid town and avoid reading. Chill out, outdoors and....rest.

No comments: