Friday, June 27, 2008

Fatigue defined

Yes, I'm finally back in Singapore! And it has been a very, very, very, very x1000000 tiring few days ever since.

The flight back was anything but short. I really hate taking planes alone because you have to wait perpetually.

First, you wait for the time to go to the airport, then you wait for the bus to take you to the airport, then you wait in the queue for your boarding pass, then you wait to go through the customs, then you wait for them to check your bags, then you wait to board, then you wait for the plane to take off, then you wait for the plane to land, then you wait for the plane to stop, then you wait for the doors to open, then you wait for everyone to get their hand carry bags and get off the plane, then you wait for your transiting flight, then at the meantime you decide to go and eat and you have to wait for a seat, then wait to order, then wait to eat, then wait to pay, then continue waiting for your connecting flight, then wait to board, wait to fly, wait to land, wait to get off, wait to go through customs, wait to get your bags and FINALLY you are home.

Anyway, I had a pleasant surprise from the Odacians when I arrived. It was around midnight and I've told them not to bother to pick me up since they have work the next day. But they still did - thanks, thats very nice. We went for supper and had
1) Laksa
2) Char Siew Rice
3) Fried Carrot Cake
4) Rou Cuo Mee
5)Teh Gao

Next morning, I went for 6) Japanese buffet at Kushin Bo with my parents. Gosh, I ate heaps and heaps of Sashimi, soft shell crab, sushi etc etc. Later in the evening, I met the girls for dinner for 7) Lor Mee and had 8) Old Chang Kee. After which, I went over to Jo's place.

Next day was to Batam for cable-skiing! We met early in the morning at Harbour Front for breakfast. I had 9) Nasi Padang. Took a relatively short ferry ride to Batam and a very short van ride to the cable-ski area to obviously, cable-ski. We first did the rounds using knee boards. It was really fun going around on water because it feels a lil like kayaking. Well, the water feels like sea water I reckon. Sad to say, after just 2 rounds of the knee board, I felt like my arms were really tired already. And that wasn't even the highlight of the whole trip. We were supposed to cable-ski. As the name suggests, ski, not board.

I really, really sucked at it and couldn't even stand up. But anyways, it was fun with the Odacians.
And, yes I admit I am fair (but not white) and Spencer is damn dark! (Refer to 2nd picture) Quote Spencer: No lah, cannot see the difference one [referring to the photo]And there is this extremely, awfully cute probably mix breed dog and golden retriever puppy residing in that area.
It has been quite some time since I've been out in the sun doing these kinda outdoorsy stuff and it felt good. Somehow Edmund thinks I'm emo because I was just sitting at one corner admiring the surroundings. That is relaxing. That is not emo. Oh, we had 10) Mee Goreng for lunch

We reached Singapore around 6 plus 7 and had dinner over at Seah Imm. I had 11) Yong Tau Foo and 12) Sugar Cane. Rushed home to get changed and rushed out again to cab down with Jo to Zouk. Gosh, I was kinda wasted by then because my arms were aching slightly and I'd quite a major sun burn on my thighs. The most unfortunate thing was wearing my mom's heels. Right, I decided that I could get everything in Singapore so I didn't bother bringing much back. Obviously heels weren't in my luggage. And my mom's heels was... o.m.g. the most pain-inflicting thing on earth. I 'jogged' out with that horrid thing to catch a cab since I was pretty late and even before everything started, my feet were hurting.

Linghui: mind over matter, mind over pain. Anyway, after the very long night, my feet were swollen with blisters, on top of the sunburn. In fact, after the whole day and night, my whole body was full of injuries. My neck, my shoulders (sunburn and muscle ache), sunburned thighs, bruised back, bruised knee (I hit the podium when I was trying to get over it in Zouk) swollen and blistered feet and blistered hands.

In Zouk, I drank, and drank, and drank:
water. Ok, the only drink which I really finished was water. I'd only a few sips of alcohol and everyone pulled me back when I decided that I should have more. I think I go into that state of I-want-more-even-if-I-cannot-take-it when I have just a few sips of alcohol. Thank god, I was stopped, I do not want to go through a night like what I did previously in Auckland.
In between, I had 13) Egg Prata, 14) Milo, 15) Bangdong - don't know how to spell and 16) Some mee goreng look alike which is fried with instant noodles or vermicelli. I was really, really, really tired and in pain as the night passes - I even fell asleep on the slide at the playground.

Reached home around 5plus am, knocked out and woke up around noon. Made way to our usual place for 17) Ban mian, 18) Fried carrot cake 19) Ching Teng, 20) Chicken rice. The walk there was painful because by then, the muscle ache was at its full lethal stage and every step I made was a pain on my feet, thighs and shoulders. The combination of sunburns and muscle aches was just...bloody frustrating because you do not know if you should apply muscle rub to counter the inner pain or aloe vera for the outer pain.

It was frustrating yet amusing when we were walking in J8 because we look like 2 injured soldiers. Jo's shoes were worn off and wore my dad's very 'therapeutic' slippers - it supposedly facilitates blood circulation with its 'spikey' base which in actual fact, probably bruised her feet. Both of us were walking in such awkward fashion I reckon we attracted quite a bit of attention. The uncle in the coffee shop asked me what happened to my legs (it was red), some promoter asked too, many threw shocking stares, Jo's mom thinks that its 'hen mei' - very beautiful. Haha, thats the only positive comment I got so far.

We caught 'Wanted' in AMK, its freaking cheap - 6bucks only! But that movie was crap, I fell asleep half way through. Had 21) Carrot cake and 22) Soya bean before heading back to Jo's place for dinner. Her mom's cooking is damn good! Had my FAVOURITE 23) Bitter gourd with eggs, 24) Soup, 25) Fish, 26) Meat - Ok, I do not know what are their specific names but it is damn nice! Its been ages since I'd home cooked food - mind not counted.

I am perpetually full here, never a single second hungry because once I am, I'll definitely buy something to stuff down my throat. I really, really, really love the food here. Oh, despite being so full, I also drank 27) bubble tea last night and slept with a full stomach. This morning, I went to the hawker I always go since Kindergarten and had 28) Sheng Mian 29) Meefen mian with Zi cai ji and 30) Yong Tau Foo. Super.size.me.

Gosh, I hit 30 kinda local food within 3.5full days in Singapore. As much as I want to exercise - run, cycle, swim, badminton - I can't because of all those injuries. Alrighty, I am gonna take a very very good rest today so I shall hang out with my parents =) and do some reflections... and of course, get ready for this weekend for a trip to Malaysia with slackers! Eat. eat, eat, more food, more food, more food!
I'm so tired.

No comments: