Monday, June 9, 2008

Just 2 more weeks.

It has been quite sometime since I posted something proper.
Maybe I've been busy, maybe too much stuff happened till I don't know where to start, maybe I just felt like being a bum.

To cut things short, the good thing which came out from this shit semester is an air ticket back to Singapore.
A place which allows me to revert back to...me. The comfortable side of me I guess.

My parents didn't really object the idea of me going back - maybe because they see a relatively more substantial need to do so. But they still question every they talk to me. Why must I fly back. What am I going to do. What is the difference and stuff like that. I do not exactly feel like answering because I know there isn't much of a use.

But thank god, a few days after booking my flight back, I received a letter from uni informing me that I got the Lee Foundation Grant, which covers the cost of my ticket back and a little extra. So whenever they say that I am wasting money, I have at least something to use as my defense - its my money.

I've learned quite a bit this year, some hard lessons but I should be able to take it. Anyways, when all things fail, I still got my ultimate method of finding solace - running.

Not that running solves the problem but it makes problems seem smaller and less significant. When I run, I see the other side of life. I know it sounds ridiculous but try running to Mission Bay or Princes Wharf at Viaduct, you will get what I mean. Thats another reason why you guys should come over to NZ and visit me =)for those who already have, add 'more often' to the latter line.

Well, its 2 more weeks and I will be back. I didn't feel the excitement or the vibe initially but now I do. I can't wait to feel how I usually feel, see the familiar faces, complain about the stifling heat, have my food binging sessions, hug all my friends and laugh at them. Most importantly, a breakaway from this life I'm leading here. Its not all that bad, really. Its just nice to return to somewhere familiar once in awhile and remember who I really am.

I know this sounds weird to you but oh wells, I am a lil weird.

Really friends, I can't wait to see you guys again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how was your studies. It's great to hear your blog again. Please post a updated picture of yourself so we can see how you have been getting on since the last time. Look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

hey, hows it gg? hmm... who are you?!
huiling