Tuesday, March 13, 2007

what is your worst shit?

And you thought this is e worst shit you've been through.
BEHOLD.. there's more to come.

"This is the worst day I ever had","This is the best day in my life", "This is the most fucked up situation I've ever experienced"

Doesn't this just sounds familiar? But wait, doesn't 'best' or 'worst' applies just to ONE situation? But why do we just keep hearing that over and over again? Its as if there ain't no ONE situation which is BEST or WORST. In fact, its as though ALL situations are BEST and WORST.

but why?

I would think this situation stems out from the fact that we are never contented. Alright, i know there's hardly a link between both, but maybe its just my logic. We always think that a better horizon lies out there, that 'when i'm out of this shit situation, everything would be fine because this is the WORST shit, nothing can get worst.' But what makes you so sure? As the overused saying goes, but no doubt fully justified, 'the grass is greener on the other side'.
I thought I was in e most SCREWED UP situation in Pri 2 - i was totally freaked out of my math teacher and i would do ANYTHING to get out of her lessons
I thought I was in e most SHITTIFIED situation in Pri 5 - EM1 was purely stressful
I thought I was in the most MESSED UP situation in Sec Schl - I wasn't doing well in school and stress keeps mounting up with heaps of NCC stuff to worry bout
I thought I was in the most SUCKY situation in JC - I hated the school, failed throughout, depressed
I thought I was in the most FUCKED UP situation in NZ - Independence and homesickness can kill as well

And now, pri2, pri 5, sec schl, JC were nothing near 'worst'. It was in the past, but not now. I wouldn't think that there would be a 'worst' situation but there would always be.

Henceforth, I would think that 'worst situations' only exist in your current state. After moving on to the next phase of your life, its no longer that bad. If we carry on having these kinda perspective, tell me honestly, which part of your life has ever been good? Now i think i'm in worst shit, but a few years later i'll be thinking: oh you lucky ass, you just need to study. Working is the WORST SHIT of the WORST SHIT man.

so you see, it all boils down to the simple, repeated, unoriginal, overused, basic, common advice - treasure your time NOW. because there's even WORST situations coming up and your current situation is just... bullshit.

yes, i can say all these, i can understand these, but i can't practice what i preach. But i would soon. So Huiling and other's who bother to read, or maybe those who sees eye to eye with me, come on man, sounds like its bullshit, but at least try harder to appreciate, maybe it would be easier for us to live the lie.

5 comments:

Shawn said...

how abt looking on e bright side? u always have 'this is e best day of my life' once in a while.means ur situation is improving too wad rite?ha. just a bigger spectrum in which ur mood gets to fluactuate.

oh and u can go google e last comment.hahaz.or maybe yanlin can clue u in. ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah definitely, haha but dont you think my mood is improving heaps? haha

Shawn said...

i donnue if tts supposed to be sarcastic or not. is ur mood improving?

Anonymous said...

er its ok la. at least better than e first day? ahha u knw what, u odac pple shud come over here soon for backpackin. i'm sure u all would love it. its TRUE OUTDOORS man!

Shawn said...

and true money.
u wanna sponser?