Thursday, March 29, 2007

Can you lay your life down, so a stranger can live?
Can you take what you need, but take less than you give?
Could you close every day, without the glory and fame?
Could you hold your head high, when no-one knows your name?
We say goodbye, but never let go.

I want to be a good person because my conscious tells me to. But everything around me says the otherwise.

Do you know? I love heroes. Stories with heroes in them - In Spiderman, theres Peter Parker, in Batman, theres Bruce Wayne, in Superman, theres Clark Joseph Kent, in DareDevil, theres Matt Murdock, in Prison Break, theres Michael Scofield..

Heroes, they will be there to save the day. They will be the ones who would be relied on. They will prevent anything bad from happening. They are the one. Its nice isn't it? To have the feeling of certainty and security. But these stories are fictional, there is no such thing as certainty in reality, not in your life, not in your relationships, not in your work, not in your education, not even in the so-called sovereign parliament. So once awhile, its really nice to indulge in your own day-dreams - a utopian world, with superheroes flying around to keep everyone safe and sound, to make everything right and even if u're in a shithole, u'll soon be fine.

Days pass so quickly here. Its the weekends again but its gonna be over soon, we supposed to go for the tongariro crossing trip this weekend but it was postponed due to bad weather. I was secretly glad because I knew I would totally screw the next week if I don't get anything done this weekend. But the thing is, even though I'm in auckland this weekend, things never get done.

Friday - I was determined to study, but awhile later when I realised my prison break disc could be viewed on the tele instead of the laptop, we suggested overnight drama marathon. Today - obviously I woke up late. I was determined to go to the library, but couldn't bear not to watch what happened next in prison break, i watched 2 more episodes. After which I realised I've to rush to sky tower to collect the brochures for the trip to rotorua. Effectively, I was left with 40min to do more work in the library before I met up with the rest for a drink. The supposed discussion for the trip to rotorua during mid-sem break digressed into other topics. Nothing much resulted from the discussion except that I am going down to Christchurch during intersem break - I got conned by Vanessa.
I'm actually really worried for my studies. I've hardly time to study. For criminal law, its so frustrating at the way i'm reading wrong cases on the wrong days. Actus reas, mens reas, omission, involuntariness, causation, burden of prove, and all those latin terms - I can't remember any of them. Public law - we spent a week or 2 talking about entrenchment, and I realised, I've not a single clue on what's it about. R v Pora and R v Pomouku are pissing me off. Do you know how many dumbass statutes and cases were cited? s80 Crimes Justice Act 1980m s2(4) Criminal Justice Amendment Bill, s4 Ciminal Justice Act, New Zealand Bill of Rights 1990, Interpretation Act 1999, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Convenant on Civil Rights and Political Rihgts, etc etc.. and in the end, appeal quashed. When I finally got to that sentence, I looked at Carol and asked, 'Er.. I forgot what was the appellant appealing for.'

maybe I should qualify my statements, its not that its not interesting, its just that its tedious. VERY tedious and it requires determination to finish reading a case, especially boring ones.

Actually, i think this mid-sem break and inter-sem break would be kinda fun. Apple's coming from melbourne in the beginning of the break, 2nd week through the break we'll be going down to rotorua.. grade 5 white water rafting! and trekking round the geothermal national park. Honestly, I don't know if its exactly safe, cause only 2 of us are going down without a car in a place we've never been before. But I guess, nothing much would happen right..yeah. it would be safe. On the last weekend of the break, think we would be volunteering for the carnival and going up Van's place in the shore to stay over. Heard its next to the beach, and most importantly, she has dogs! After the break, there would be tongariro crossing, which I'm looking forward to as well, its round 4 hrs drive from auckland, and its gonna be challenging, since weather's getting cold by then, and I heard its pretty tough. And the exams period would start. During inter-sem break, Jen is coming up from dunedin as well, this time, I would really wanna go up north, to coromendal. After that week, UMSA's going down to christchurch, kinda interested, but i think i'll see how it goes.
Honestly, I'm really worried for my studies. really. i feel the stress sinking in. damn.

6 comments:

Shawn said...

nth to say except well...
erm. read.

Huiling said...

nth to reply except well... erm. yeah, i should read.

doodled-* said...

sorry to sound pious and pompous..but but..i really really feel that my God is the superhero you're looking for..He's my Superhero..and He'll be yours too, if you allow Him to. =)..Anyhow..have heaps fun doing all the exciting stuff while i'm stuck uphere in smelly melby yea? BOO.

Anonymous said...

yan,
smelly melby? come on! u got heaps of shopping there!! theres heaps of stuff for u to do..but i think thats if u can drive..! same here too.
yeah, i can understand how God is so significant to people, it would be to me as well, if i can believe, but now, not yet.. maybe one day down the road..

Anonymous said...

hey huiling.. christina here.=) haven't heard from u in awhile. u're in new zealand right now, right? You write really well, u know tt? haha well, afterall u're taking law (right?) so what can i expect! =) most impt, u take care of yourself, ok! =)

Anonymous said...

christina?! which christina?! the only christina i know is..encik christina?! but i doubt u are that one right?!
huiling