Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I wanted and I thought I needed to make 2 changes when I came over.
1) Get an English name
2) Change my email

1) People here can't pronounce 'Huiling'
Its either kuiling, huayling, kuayling. The really bad ones are huiding, hooling.
When they say that, it makes me feel damn stupid - does my name sound that stupid to you?!
I know its time to get an English name ever since I came here, but I just thought it would be odd and I probably won't respond if they call me using that name. So I kept pushing that thought away. And so Carol suggested 'zilla' today. What the hell.
James Bond introduces himself as 'Bond, James Bond'. And how am I gonna introduce myself? Er.. Zilla.. you know Godzilla? yeah that Zilla. My first name is God and my last is Zilla. You can call me Godzilla. ...... Carol, stop that monster thing.

2) Change my email
I wanted to change my email since JC times. 2 reasons - sounds stupid, difficult to spell.
tide_fung@hotmail.com - they always ask me what it means.
er... tide as in, the sea tide... fung as in, the wind in chinese - I love the nature.
Actually - its just 2 characters I loved in a movie when I was younger.

They asked me for my email and I've to spell it out.
't-i-d-e, underscore, F-U-n-g, at hotmail dot com'
see that F-U? - sounds vulgar ain't it?
So I've to spell f-u-n-g in 1 breath, then slowly repeat F-U, N-G, again, so that the person won't be mistaken that I'm saying 'f*** you'
I know thats whats going through their mind because the first few times when they asked for my email and when i said F-U and pause, they would be like..'pardon?'

1 more week left before mgmt paper. er.. yay? I've still heaps to study. Today Donald called to ask for tution and Van picked up the call. She said he was speaking in Tamil and she said vanakam or something like that which means...good afternoon in Tamil? Actually he was speaking in English with his super strong Indian accent.

Actually, I told myself that I cannot give tution cause I've no time and if he calls back I'm just gonna say no. But then he was like..I pay you I pay you. If you ask your friends to come I pay you double. I pay for your phone bill (he thought answering the call costs me money). Then at last, I don't know how to say no and told him to email me the questions and see if I know. If I do, I'll teach him. Maybe 50bucks for 2hrs. But me, being me, feels like charging higher - its the exam period and I haven even finish studying for my exams! Maybe I should charge...100!! Haha ok..taking this too far.

But its so unfair.. I feel that I'm being ripped off by Danny..he asks so many questions and he even emailed me to ask how to apply all the concepts of law on the cases I gave him. !!!!!!!! He thinks I can remember all the cases. Omg... I already summarised all the important cases and theories and concepts..he just needs to apply them!

Tution seems to be a really viable way to make money. But I just don't dare to do it. I mean... I'm just too scared to be be teaching the wrong stuff. And law.. its like.. no right nor wrong answers... But its really a good money-making way, and this won't last long, cause the students now are desperate.. 2000 fighting for 200 places, they will pay and do anything just to get into law school. I went to the orthodontist today and the cost amounted to $5800.. Damn... thats a lot... I really need the money...

Although $50 for 2hrs seems to be easy money, but then again, is it really worth it to sacrifice your study time for that? Hmm...I'm not quite sure.
hmm.. but one thing which i'm quite sure is..that I'm not suppose to be here.

Aiya, but who cares...everyone needs a break. Just that my breaks seem longer than everyone's ha ha.

Oh yeah..Ex kiwi.. I wonder how many people will actually be going in the end? Ok, so I'll promote it here! If there's anyone seeing this, remember to go for Ex kiwi!




I cooked..pineapple rice today..my most impressive dish up till date! Ha ha. Its only impressive because of the pineapple covering I guess. But taste wise...hmmmmmmm..... haha why not go for Ex kiwi and try it yourself?! (good promotion technique? haha ok, I'll try harder)