Friday, November 9, 2007

Back!... Not so soon actually.

I am or rather, was finally back in Singapore. But just after a full day loitering round town...I left Singapore to Malaysia. -.- And I've to go to Hong Kong next week. By the time I get back, I've to start work. After work, I will (hopefully) get to go Japan/Korea. Then back to NZ. When my dad called and told me he booked the bus tickets to Msia... I was like...#@$%^&*() I DON'T WANT! I was in Singapore for less than 24hours and you tell me I need to go Msia the next day?! Damnit. I was so pissed. And thats not all. I've to go Hong Kong this coming week. ARGH! ROLL MY EYES! I haven't ate what I'm supposed to eat, I haven't met people who I'm supposed to meet, I haven't unpacked my luggage, I haven't rotted, I haven't watched local TV. So freaking frustrated - everything is so controlled once I landed in Singapore. Do this, do that. Or maybe I was really in control of my time in NZ - I do whatever I want at any time I like. I feel as though I haven't been online for ages cause there ain't internet at home. I'm in Msia now rotting away. Its so hot...do you know that? When I came out of the plane, I thought the air-conditional was spoilt but apparently not. I reckon its not the heat which frustrates me but the humidity. Sticky, sweaty and dirty. But nevermind, I'll get used to it very soon - since I've spent 18 years of my life here.

Anyway, coming back feels a lil weird and I'm practically going on a food binge everyday. Ate noodles in the morning, bought heaps of finger food in the afternoon, went for dinner and realized the serving was so small, bought some more finger food, still couldn't satisfy my hunger, reached home, decided to go for supper, ate a lot again. I met wq for lunch at Fish and Co and I ordered peri peri fish with extra rice (which was quite a lot). Finished it and even helped wq to finish hers. But the food monster came alive in me and I didn't even feel full. But I reckon I should stop eating because I still wanted to eat sushi. Wq said I should stop eating, but not because I wanna eat sushi but because I've been eating too much. Haha! My a 100% Asian just with a Westerner's appetite. So I bought sushi and I saw Bangawan Solo.. and I saw egg tart...and I saw gluteneous rice...and some sweet stuff so I bought all. I told myself its alright since that is my dinner but..wrong. The bus provided dinner so I ate. We reached Msia round 9 plus and my Grandmom cooked dinner. Who can resist her cooking? No one. If no one can resist it, obviously I can't. And obviously I'll eat more than my own good, and I did. Damnit. I will exercise my ass off once I reached home.

Oh anyway, 5th Nov was Guy Fawks Night. I think it was really an awesome night which was a good end to the semester and a nice 'farewell' to NZ. Guy Fawkes Night is an annual celebration on the evening of the 5th of November. It celebrates the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot of the 5th of November 1605 in which a number of Roman Catholic conspirators, including Guy Fawkes, attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament.In New Zealand, the retail sale of personal use fireworks is permitted to those 18 and older, and may now only be sold on the 4 days leading to Guy Fawkes Night. So we went down to Domain and put off fireworks. It was real cool cause there were so many people there putting theirs off too. It feels as though it was National Day in Singapore - just that that went on for a several hours.
We bought a huge box of fireworks and had this finale - everyone lighted one at the same time and it was a real spectacular scene - just that it was kinda dangerous. Some fireworks went crazy and shot sidewards instead of upwards and nearly shot my friend. But it was good fun. Well.. yay! No more exams, no more housework, no more dishes but more naggings.

No comments: