Monday, April 2, 2007

I think I finally understand the need for blogging, and the love and obsession for it. Blogging was to me, a superficial act and the need for attention, but gradually, its becoming a solace to me.

I didn't like blogging about my daily life, because I thought it wasn't constructive and it is just a waste of my time as well as the readers'. Why would there be a need to know about every single detail in my life? Isn't it boring? But I guess, its the daily life you lead which requires reflection.

In anyways, my constant reflections I do everyday are becoming what you term as 'think too much'. yeah, I know, I'm really 'thinking too much'. So much so that at the end of the day, I'll question, 'What are we living for?' and the night ends of with a question mark, not the preferred full-stop.


I think taking law is making me a bit...separated from the real world. Sounds weird, but I some how feel this way. Every case is broken down into parts and analyzed. Every word used, every action made, every second counts. Its becoming so technical that in the process of reading a murder case, you wouldn't be thinking like how an objective person would: oh man, that's a horrible death. The killer should go to hell. Instead, you would be flipping through the Crimes Act and finding what constitutes murder, if the defendant has any defence, maybe he did not fulfill all the elements of murder, maybe its just manslaughter, and whether he has actus rea and mens rea, whether there was an omission, and whatever nots. Now I understand why lawyers are highly paid, its as if they are paid to step into a shithole and realize what the REAL world is like and for me, it is a feeling of being an outcast. Hahaha ok, am I dragging this too far? Lawyers are seen to be the 'untouchable, high-up-there' kinda people and although I am in law, I am definitely still intimidated by the other students.

Today was real tiring. I made some last minute amendments to my Mgmt essay through out the night after some proof reading from the rest and slept at 6am. I even managed to catch a glimpse of sun rise. It was pretty nice, I actually love the place I'm staying, its the corner apartment with full glass windows around the whole unit facing the harbour and a mountain. Anyway, I caught a couple of hrs nap and rushed down to the uni to hand in that assignment. After which, I took another short nap and rushed down to the law school to do some legal research. I was so drained and tired, so much so that I can't sleep now. I guess I'm over the limit, so this entry would be a long one.

I think I've wrote about this topic in my previous blog before, but I think I'll re-write it just to remind me in future. oh, i think i should separate it to another post, else it would be too long!