Monday, July 9, 2007

I just received Jo's letter with photos of slackers' outing to JB and Sl's birthday. I thought it was a waste to just keep it in the drawers, so I decided to paste it up on one of the sliding doors. But there weren't enough to fill up all the spaces so I went to dig up more photos and stuff from the box under the table.

Its been a long time since I've opened the box, cause I felt that I've let go of the past. Not forget, but accept where I am. I felt that there isn't a need to keep referring to those letters to keep me going. As I was finding for some stuff, I came across letters written 2 years ago, before I left.

As expected, I cried again. But it really woke me up. It reminded me about my purpose here and what I expect myself to achieve here. It reminded me that my life in Singapore was not all that smooth-sailing and how badly I needed a get-away. I remembered how badly I needed to leave at that time and start anew. Coming over to NZ was my only alternative to find myself again. After all,it was my childhood dream to study abroad. Before I left, some told me to be a happier person when they see me again.

"Promise me that you'll be a happier person"

That was the reason why my parents sent me here. And I guess that was why Jo, although saying goodbye was difficult, thought it was best to leave for a few years.

My purpose here is to do well. To do extremely well and be happy. Being happy is a tricky thing but maybe for now, less bitter. Because I appreciate more now, I know there is a purpose, there is a reason in what I am doing. I must do well, if not for myself, then for at least 3 people, my dad, my mom, and my best friend.

No comments: