Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Witch of Portobello

By Paulo Coelho

'The rest of her life would have been a bitter clash between her personal dreams and collective reality. Knowing her as I did, she would have battled on to the end, wasting her energy and her joy on trying to prove something that no one, absolutely no one, was prepared to believe.'

Finally, had a chance to read this book just now. My favourite author yet I didn't get to read all of his books.
Finally went to Borders today, sat at Gloria Jeans for a few hours completing the readings and a part of this book.

Its not bad with couple of quotes which are really nice. But I doubt I'll like it as much as Veronika decides to die. I don't know why, but it seems that that book is just so, so, so very attractive to me. Feel like buying his books but they are way too expensive here, so I'll just drop by Borders these couple of days to finish it up. One day, when I'm in a real bad mood I'll just buy ALL of his books on impulse.

'When we venture into that unfamiliar sea, we trust blindly in those who guide us, believing that they know more than we do.' Yeah.
'The perfect crime – for we don’t know who murdered our joy, what their motives were or where the guilty parties are to be found.' Yeah.
'Athena always lived between 2 worlds: what she felt was true and what she had been taught by her faith.' Yeah.

Read his books, I think they are worth your time.

No comments: