Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm so glad the ball is finally over. I've been dreading it throughout the whole week...cause, I'm just not a ball/prom/formal event kinda person. Its just too troublesome, too restrictive, too weird.

It was really stressfult preparing for it because I really dread preparing for these kinda stuff which to me, is really redundant. I didn't want to spend any money on a dress which I know I will never wear again so I asked my mom to send some over. It was chucked in one corner till today, when I was running late, I realized that it wasn't exactly straight nor ironed. But too late to find for the iron. Heck it all and went out. I was utterly unprepared for it because I just kept lagging the whole morning cooking and watching dramas. I tried to put in some effort by painting my toe nails but I became too engrossed in my drama and before I knew it, I was late and just left it incomplete. I'm sure people really look at your toes in the dark. Shouldn't even put it in the first place. Whatever it is, I don't like going for balls. And you need to put on layers of make-up and its just so difficult. But I'd a pro and I just mimicked Jo's procedure and got it done relatively smoothly. Although I felt utterly uncomfortable the whole night:

Yuck, I feel fake.
No, that is not me.
This is me!




casual, outdoors, food, coffee, gathering at my place...
The past few nights were good yet not too good
Bad because I was still disturbed by the mounting stuff I gotta complete.
Good because I'd something to get me distracted at night.
Went for dinner and drink on thursday, came back and cooked till 3am, woke up at 7am the next morning, rushed down to foodtown and came back cooking for another couple of hours, went for lunch with Jo, rushed to lects, had the rest over at my place for dinner and movie till 12am, housework till 2am, woke up at 8am, went to sylvia park and random tran stops and at last returning to the city and back to the hobson pple's place for a drink and some rubbish mv guessing games. Walked back at 1am which nearly freaked the hell out of us. There was a fight between the maori group and some asians along queenstreet. They were directly behind us and we were trying to cross the road but the lights were red and we saw the guy behind digging the dustbin for something (probably a glass bottle to whack the other guy) and I was like...hell no...please don't whack us. When the lights turned green I wanted to fly across the road before they start throwing bottles at us but no, we needed to walk as calmly as we can. Else if we catch their attention they will probably start coming after us. We finally reached kitchener street and took a deep breadth - saying how lucky we were for not being mugged but a few seconds later we saw this roll of drunken guys peeing into the fountain. So we walked a lil faster hoping they won't notice us. Soon they were walking behind us and we were freaked out once again but thank god nothing happened. Just now as well, after the ball, I walked down to Viaduct to meet them. It was already 12am (Considered really late here compared to Sg) and I started feeling uneasy I kinda ran there. On the way 2 huge guys started saying 'Hi' and I was like...Oh no... not again.... I ignored and walked faster...and thank god again I saw the rest just awhile later.

Crappy people here...all out to freak people out. Always have to run back at night.
Tomorrow would be the last day of my self-proclaimed break. After which I'm gonna study real hard and make up for the first half of the sem. Although I still cringe when I hear the phrase 'criminal law', but I'm gonna study my ass of for that. Hell no I'm gonna retake that paper for another year. Over my dead body.

No comments: