Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Hols

Its Easter and apparently its quite a big thing here. Almost ALL THE SHOPS ARE CLOSE!!! (Sense my frustration?!)

There are no places to go! And although e cinemas are open, it costs NZD15.50! And we ended up in Hulu Cat AGAIN.

I think the only places open are either fast food restaurants or churches!

I tried playing golf at the driving range yesterday and its pretty fun! Although its quite an expensive sport.

I went to a friend's place for dinner because she said there would be quite a few Japanese there! But it was pretty weird since I'm the youngest (and really much younger) there. And yes, wine was served. And of course, I didn't touch it. I WILL LEARN soon.

And my highly anticipated Fortune Magazine finally arrived! Quite an interesting read.. I'll bring it down to the pool side and flip through a few pages in the evenings. Singapore Airlines is one of the very very VERY few Asia companies ranked Top 20 Most Admirable Companies. Most are from the US. Toyota (Japan) is also one of the top.

Another Singapore company is Flextronics - Flextronics has a contract from Microsoft to build the Zune, Xbox and Xbox 360. Quite impressive! There are quite a few articles on Steve Jobs and Apple too. (Hendric, I bet you'll love them even more if you've read it. You'll be one of the many willing victims under their marketing strategies! Haha) Check out their Apple store at 5th Avenue! Looks like the Louvre Pyramid. Its like a tourists attraction la!!

'Under the Cube on Fifth Avenue, a space that reshapes the rules of retailing.'

They said, 'Our goal was never to have a store for a cult. It was to be a store for EVERYONE.' They even hold patent for the staircase design. Absolutely cool.

The richest city in the world - No, its not Dubai. Its name is Abu Dhabi.

No comments: