Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rushing forward yet looking back

Last week, around this time, we were moving furnitures in my house. The house was in a mess, I had a pricking feel deep down, thinking that they were leaving soon.

This week, at this time, I'm looking at the photos up in my room having a consolatory feel deep down, thinking and knowing that those were wonderful memories to look back at and at the same time, pushing me forward.

It has been a very hectic week, a fulfilling summer, a meaningful year. My dad was initially critical about the stuff I want to do. He always says that I want to do too many things within a very short time. I reckon, yeah, kinda. But in the end of the day, I just want to feel...satisfied. The summer vacation has been an indelible one.

5th Nov - NZ Guy Fawkes Day, the best fireworks I've seen/personally set off.

6th Nov - Singapore.

8th Nov - Malaysia.

14th - 18th Nov - Hong Kong, learned a lil more about HongKong as a business hub, sparked my interest in this country as a potential future working location.

20th Nov - 14 Dec - Internship at Harry Elias Partnership, a very good experience, got an insight to the working environment in a law firm and got pretty intimidated with some stuff which seemed foreign to me.

17th Dec - 25th Dec - South Korea, Seoul, Daegu, Haiensa, Gyeongju. A trip which was pretty overwhelming. Not thoroughly fun throughout but made quite a few revelations and exposed me to a whole new perspective. Gave me the urge and courage to travel more, regardless of being alone.

29th Dec - 21st Birthday Party. One of the most touching moments in my life. I never thought a group of friends would go that far for me. It dawned on me that I have friends who I can actually rely, trust and love.

1st Jan - Left for NZ for Summer School.

17th Feb - HESSY (Hen, Ed, Shawn, Spenc, YG) arrived, much to my joy

21st Feb - 2nd March - Traveled around NZ with HESSY, reiterating again, it was the best and most enjoyable trip I've done. We had similar objectives and the company was awesome. The places we traveled to were great and I'd a fair share of fun and reflections during the course of it - just what I seek for in a trip.

5th March - HESSY left, leaving heartwarming memories and a grateful Huiling in Auckland.

Present - Holding tight to the above memories and pushing forward. Have been trying very hard to attain that balance, remembering all those reflections I've done and learned throughout the summer and integrating it into my daily life now. All have been well albeit uni has been really exhausting and hectic but all I want now is just to be happy. =)

Thank you. =)

No comments: