Wednesday, March 5, 2008

God-sent people

Spencer

Edmund

Hendric

Ying Guang

Shawn


THE Guys

Its been quite some time since I've cried so hard. I can't believe they just left and I'm really feeling the impact this very minute. This was the best trip ever, although I was visiting places which I'd been before but they brought a whole new level of fun and meaning to it.

Its really, all about the company. I'm really loss for words now. I'm tired, this is my first time skipping so many lectures, first and second tutorials of the semester and I don't even want to list out the lectures I missed but I feel that there are more important things or rather, more meaningful things to ponder upon.

After being with them for the past couple of weeks, 24/7, it feels so empty when they left. So bloody empty. When I saw the stuff they left behind, I nearly got choked by my own tears. Man, I don't know what to say now. I really miss them heaps and I'm so grateful and thankful for everything they have done. I never felt so secured and safe here before. Thanks so much, thanks for everything, I don't know what I've done to deserve such friends. You guys are god-sent.

Thanks for carrying my stuff, shifting the furniture, fixing stuff up, packing my house, paying for the groceries, carrying the groceries, waiting for me, helping me in various stuff, taking in my nonsense, not bashing me when I was being an awful street director with totally no sense of direction etc.

The stuff you guys left on the photo frame.... really touched me. The stuff you guys wrote on the notes...and the small cosy corner in the room you guys came up with, the photos and every single little thing. Just every single lil thing. Thanks. I'm becoming really incoherent but maybe I'm just so overwhelmed with emotions now I just don't know what to do.

This trip has been another learning experience. Its different to be the only girl traveling with 5 other guys. Everything was done by them and I'm feeling a lil guilty of being a constant slow-poke. It was real good fun and there were many occasions which were insanely funny.

Tongariro
Aka Mt Doom in the film LOTRs. Spencer was getting into everyone's nerves with his lousy imitation of Frodo and the ring. It was blistering cold and guys being guys, they must do something 'out of the norm' i.e. taking off their shirts at the high point with strong cold winds which numb everyone's hands.
We were probably too unprepared to complete the trek. We didn't have all the sufficient gear and weather was bad as well. Plus my lousy stamina also impeded our progress. But I felt it was a good trek, different and tough. I'll attempt to do it another time! When I'm all well-prepared!

Abel TasmanIts been ages since I'd kayaked! I have been looking forward for this part of the trip. Its a highlight for me. I wanted to visit that place again after a short trip there in 2006 and finally did this year! Kayaking was real cool - we were very well-equipped, thanks to the kayak rental company. Although the waters weren't as clear as I first saw it, but the journey was still amazing. We started off at Marahau Beach and stayed over at Anchorage hut. As there was no electricity and its pretty far from town, that place was an apt environment for star-gazing. Totally cool - never saw so many stars in my life. We played the drinking game which was good fun but causing unnecessary discomfort i.e. not being able to go to the toilet/waking up in the middle of the night a few times to make my way to the toilet in the cold and dark.

Mountain bikingPersonally, I enjoyed this part of the trip most. It kinda has this therapeutic effect to the mind and soul. Absolutely enjoyed it sans the bruises. Listening to light music, cycling along the river - perfect.

The whole experience was really way much better than what I've described but I'm just too tired to think of what to say or carry on any longer. Haven't been sleeping for quite some time already. I'll edit this whole thing again.



Thank you so much guys. As I said, what you all have done is gonna be a very strong driving force for this upcoming crazily hectic semester.

I really miss you guys. (See Hendric, I am not that indifferent after all!)

No comments: