Wednesday, September 24, 2008

INTRODUCING>>>

MY TOP 5 IDOLS!!!!
(For the year 2008 only)

Not in order of preference, Number 1 is....

Try guessing! Hint:







Got it? Bet you didn't! Ok... he is...

BEAR GRYLLS
Edward Michael Grylls is an English Television Presenter and adventure, known as Bear Grylls on his popular program Man vs Wild.

Why does he deserve this top spot?!

Because he is HOW COOL! He has a degree, speaks English, Spanish and French, served the British Armed Forces, awarded the honorary rank of Lieutenant Commander in the UK's Royal Naval Reserve, works as a motivational speaker and trainer, close relationship with several charitable organizations, climbed Mt Everest, crossed the North Atlantic, paramotoring over Angel Falls etc etc!

He is the only guy I can think of who can impress both girls and guys by being gross, coarse, filthy, disgusting and... just disgusting! (i.e. eating some animal's shit. I can't remember which animal though) But as I said, he is HOW COOL and I bet $5 that he is a really kind and nice person. (I've deadly accurate intuition - don't doubt it! I say nice means nice!) Watch 10minutes of Man vs Wild and you'll fall madly in love with him. (GUYS! BEWARE! He is going to be your ultimate rival once girls start watching Man vs Wild OR WORSE STILL, you are slowly going down the wroooonnnggg crooked path HAHA)

OK NEXT CONTENDER!

SOMERS J

Ok, you guys probably won't know who he is. I don't even know his full name. But I think he is still alive and apparently residing in Christchurch and likes gardening. (I seriously think thats a made-up fact by a friend) Other than that, I've no clue about his personal life. And no, I do not admire him because he is mysterious, he is my idol only because he is HOW SMART! Oh actually, I do know something else about him, he is probably a Court of Appeal judge. I don't even know how to describe how blown-away I was when I read his dissenting judgment. He totally crashed Woodhouse P and McMullin J's judgments, making them look more than a lil foolish.

I know, I know, I sound like a nerd, but he is HOW SMART! Conlon v Ozolins by far, has been the best case I've ever read! Its like, all of them were running the freaking same argument saying how important is s5 of the Contractual Mistakes Act 1979 and blah blah blah and then BANG! Somers J said the case DOES NOT FALL within s6(1)(a) at all! And you can imagine the majority at the background, still arguing that it should be and that Courts shouldn't follow common law and blah blah blah going round and round in circles without realizing the major flaw in their argument is that it will bring unreasonable consequences. And you can imagine Somers J at the foreground sniggering, thinking that they don't make sense at all and have totally missed the point! Lalala he is HOW SMART! I can't find his photo of him, but I reckon he probably looks like one of them:
Ok... next guy on the list... you all probably would know him. He is none other than our investment guru...
NUMBER 1 in Forbe's billionaires list, net worth of $62billion, largest shareholder and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway...

WARREN BUFFETT

He is HOW RICH. Warren Edward Buffett is an American investor, businessman and philanthropist. He was ranked by Forbes as the richest person in the world as of February 11, 2008.
Why did he make it to my top 5 list?
Because.. he is HOW NICE! Often called the 'Oracle of Omaha', Buffett is noted for his adherence to the value investing philosophy for his personal frugality despite his immense wealth. His annual salary was about $100,000, which is small compared to senior executive remuneration in other comparable companies. He lives in the same house in the central Dundee neighbourhood of Omaha that he bought in 1958 for $31,500, today valued at around $700,000.

Buffett is also a noted philanthropist. In 2006, he announced a plan to give away his fortune to charity, with 83% (MIND YOU EIGHTY THREE PER CENT) of it to Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. And blah blah blah. In short, he is HOW SMART (else he wouldn't be this rich), HOW RICH (he is the richest person on earth), HOW NICE (already described above) - with those combinations, how can he not be my idol?!?

Ok, I'm not guy-crazy and to prove my point, my next idol is....
A GIRL!!!!!!
I bet you guys definitely know her!!!!

SUZANNE JUNG

She is the face of Prime Time Morning (Channel News Asia). I actually don't know much about her except that she is from Korea, speaks good English, gives me a good impression, makes me think that she is a nice person and, I just enjoy watching PTM when I'm back in Singapore. Uh, I forgot the her co-host's name, but they seem pretty compatible haha. And I heard that she is from AJC. Uh, something to be proud of?

Ok, I'm getting very tired of typing already so I'll make a very brief introduction to my last idol... uh... *thinks hard. Ok, Disney's...

MULAN


I bet everyone knows her, so I don't need to say anything else.

Thats all. Gosh I'm so so so so tired from today's incessant lectures.

No comments: