Friday, September 19, 2008

We met randomly along the streets this afternoon and decided to hang out.
We walked pass the Ferry Terminal on the way to Princess Wharf.
And decided to hop on one and made our way to Devonport in the late afternoon.

My parents have been very busy lately and they hardly call. I haven't been talking to them for quite some time. The other night I had dinner with Uncle, Aunty and Victor and although there were awkward moments, I felt 'safe' - its the closest to family I can get here. You know, that sense of security you feel with your family - that they will never do anything to hurt you regardless of how horrid you've been, that sense of certainty - that they will always be there 24/7 regardless whether you've ever been there for them. I need that sense of security and certainty now. Its been some time since I've called back, maybe I should take the first step now.

The more I think about it, the more stupid I feel about folding my CV and Cover letter thrice and squeezing it into that tiny envelop. I think my potential mentor's first impression of me probably drop by half when he sees that unprofessional presentation =( To salvage my situation, I sent another application, this time in a nice big white envelop with my best handwriting on it. Either he is going to think that I'm blardy kiasu or he would realize how desperate I am and maybe, decides to be kind and compassionate and REPLY ME!!! (I've spent quite a bit for postage costs!)

No comments: