Sunday, September 21, 2008

We talked late into the night about everything and anything. And I came up with another sub-definition of 'good'.

I reckon it is when someone, trying so desperately to do the right thing and being good, turns away from his/her pride in maintaining that 'good' image, and doing something viewed as 'bad' in the public eye, suffering the consequences of being shunned, mocked, criticized, yet bearing in mind that it is something for the greater good.

Maybe thats why every great public figure had been hated by people of his time and yet, revered later in history. How bloody difficult. And if you realized, most heroes experience somewhat tragic endings. Really, how good are you?


Gosh, why am I so caught up with the question of 'what is good?' Does it even matter.

Don't I just love stay-overs? I think better at night.

No comments: