Sunday, September 14, 2008

yeah, another post again

I know, I know, and I admit that I've been exceedingly emotional (I still don't like the word emo) the past entries.

Yeah, my emotions have been shuttling between both ends of the spectrum uncontrollably I feel so wasted. I reckon you're right, I've been too hard on myself. I think I've been trying to cut all emotions so quickly and so drastically that ironically a lil negative thought would make me crumble.

Anyway, today is the last day of my hols (Did I even mention hols? Why didn't it feel anything like it?) and I am still sour that I didn't get to do what I wanted but it doesn't matter that much any more. I know the remaining part of the semester would be over before I know it. (I really need a break from...EVERYTHING!)

Well, what have brought me through everything? Music. As much as I wanted to do some art, I just...didn't have the time or...mood...or energy...or whatever. Miraculously, I haven't been oversleeping too much recently - I've overslept but the thing is I actually react to my alarm clock! JOY TO THE WORLD! Uh, don't know if its actually that great because I've been having many disturbing dreams so...probably thats why. So this morning, I woke up at the record-breaking time of 9am! (Note: its the LAST day of my hols and its a SUNday) But thats only because I couldn't sleep peacefully with the knowledge that I have an unwritten moot and ill-prepared test to deal with once school starts which is, well the next day.

I felt pretty depressed and thinking about the moot just makes me shiver. I made my way down to the Davis and feeling so helplessly demoralized, I started downloading heaps of songs and you know what, it made everything so so so SO MUCH better. And I started to write something and soon it became 1000 words and soon it just kept increasing exponentially. This is so so random but half way through, I kinda 'heard' my 'mentor' (aka my idol) during my internship at Harry Elias saying: you got to immerse yourself in the legal field, even if you are just a student. You got to think and act like a lawyer, it makes you more focus and daring. Ok, thats not exactly what he said, but something along those lines. I remembered him telling me that on my first day on the way to Court. Yeah, I reckon I've been so clouded with fear such that I haven't really truly enjoy it.

Anyway, I really really really love this song playing on my imeem. It brought me and is still bringing me through this period. Listen, its really, really, really nice.

No comments: