Wednesday, September 12, 2007

=)

And yes, hols just ended. And yes, I didn't study as much as I should. And yes, I still haven't take my learners. And yes, I didn't do my notes. And yes, I didn't do my essay. And yes, I've been eating too much.

Hmm....what happened to my hols. As usual.

Hahah talking about eating too much, I think most people who go overseas just put on heaps of weight! Recently,I met up with a friend and I totally didn't recognize him at first cause he put on so much weight! And apparently my bro put on 10kg. Oh no.. I'll be the next victim.

Well I was kinda screwed the past few days but its all good now. Sometimes when everything goes wrong, you just gotta stop what you're doing, put everything down and go out for a dinner or a drink. It will do you good.

I can't believe its the 2nd part of the 2nd semester already. I mean, I can still remember vividly what was I doing last year! Damn...time really flies man. I can't wait to get over next week - thats when everything is due. And despite that, I just got started on my history essay and all the reference books are GONE - the only alternative is to get them from short loan which is utterly troublesome cause I can't do my work at night or at home. Whenever I say I'm doing global history as my gen ed paper, everyone would give me the why-the-hell-are-you-doing-that kinda face cause... yeah its kinda stupid choice cause its difficult. But I reckon it would be useful and I should be able to handle it - but hell no! I can never handle essays!

Uni essays are NOT GP essays. You take half the time trying to understand the question and when you thought you understood it and try writing about it, half way through you realize that its crap and you've missed some main points which you never knew existed and then you gotta change your whole darn essay. And when you finally THOUGHT you've completed it, NO! There are still citations and referencing and proof reading and heaps of editing and summarizing and blah blah blah.

But the worst is not that. Every faculty has their own style of writing, own way of citing, own way of referencing and marking. First, I started off with commerce - Econs using some APA method, then it was law, then it was management, then its now history. And the way they do it is totally different and its confusing and pissing me off! This is called - asking for trouble. Next time, just stick to the easy option.

We're currently going through inchoate crimes such as conspiracy in crim now and...HAHAHA some cases are really funny!! Like D trying to make cocaine from icing sugar etc etc.

Yup, I'm in a good mood today, despite waking up late, despite having a headache the whole day, despite burning myself while cooking, its still good.

No comments: