Saturday, September 15, 2007

Songs

I just finished the first draft of my #$%^& history essay! And yup! The outcome was like @#$%^ too!

So the past week had been an essay week. I thought I've spent quite a satisfactory amount of time on it but I realize - not really. I was doing my essay for the whole week. But whilst doing, I was also

1)you-tubing
2)i-tunings
3)eating
4)snacking
5)drinking
6)dvd-ing
7)day-dreaming
8)planning
9)thinking
10)msn-ing

And nope, I can't multi-task. I think I can't even single-task. I need to partial-task. Haha if that makes any sense to you.

Been listening and downloading heaps of songs recently and to my horror... when I listened a lil closer, some songs have totally senseless, weird, hilarious lyrics!

What was the lyricist thinking about when he wrote all these???!!

I'm coming by Rain:
Rain is coming down through the rooftop
HAHAHAHHAHAHA OMG! He thinks Rain is a Santa Claus.

老鼠愛大米:
我愛你 愛著你 就像老鼠愛大米
I didn't know mice loves big rice. And I'll be real pissed if someone says that to me. You mean I look like a big rice to you!? Ok, you look like a mice to me.

Big girls don't cry by Fergie:
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses her blanket
I really liked this song initially but some how I just got irritated by that sentence haha.

Mr Q by Jolin Tsai:
HEY U, Mr. Q
愛你耍Q的指數
電流像瀑布 好像重力加速度
你又殺 又無辜 與生俱來的功夫
加快腳步 要加入連署

Huuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh???

Never Say Goodbye by Mario ft Nasty:
Without you I’m better no one could do it better
Hello cute nasty best mc
Mario right tight all night that’s right, yo
Illogic real toxic switch quicker than tectonic
Heterosexual the kids flow is incredible

........thats really illogical.

Perfect Man by Shinhwa:
See time don't stop, the crime don't stop,
So I won't stop till I'm sittin' on top,
to every home phone and a cells gets parked,
and every hard top get chopped to we drop don't have

Stop! Stop! Stop!

And what trumps the rest in my list of nonsensical lyrics is...
I.O.I.O. by S.H.E.:
SO I SAY
愛我 I I I I I I O I O (x4)
SO COME ON
愛我 I I I I I I O I O (x2)

Ahhhhh!!!! I hate this song! Its also ranked number 1 in my list of act-cute songs! Congrats S.H.E.! What is I.O.?!?! Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

But! There are some lyrics which I think, are really nice!

外婆 by Jay Chou:
外婆她脸上的涟漪 美丽但藏不住压抑
失去了爱情只盼望亲情 弥补回应
大人们以为出门之前桌上放六佰就算是孝敬
一天到晚拼了命 赚钱少了关怀有什么意义
外婆她的期待 慢慢变成无奈
大人们始终不明白 她要的是陪伴
而不是六佰块 比你給的还简单

Damn... really love the way he wrote it. Although I can't really get it when he sings it.

我吃得起苦 by 动力火车

走出去 就有路
寻见了 就有福
拥有了一切 都进了包袱
思念是带不走的

天空 疑云密布
心中 翻腾起伏
虽将飘摇 前途仍模糊
此地会是我 衣锦还乡处

飘洋过海 我吃得起苦
相信天无绝人之路
现实有咒诅 梦里有祝福
有缘同舟 风雨同渡
顶着烈日当空 眼底有迷雾
不能再让懦弱困住
日子多坎坷 命运有变数
只盼久旱逢甘露

This song is just...damn meaningful.

I guess the most meaningful and most nonsensical lyrics in my list are all from Chinese songs!

No comments: