Sunday, September 30, 2007

My mood and thoughts have changed drastically and I went to bed last night feeling exhilarated. Its as if my perceptions had just revolutionized in a matter of minutes.

I made a major and crucial decision last night which shocked the people who I've told including myself. They thought it was a rash decision and yes I admit it was a lil but I was never so sure that it is gonna be right. I know I'm gonna start a war in my family but I just hope they would understand my plight. My goals have never changed all along its just the method of getting there is gonna take a turn. Maybe they were too used in me succumbing to their opinions and maybe I was too used in adopting their ideas but its as if I gained 'enlightenment' last night, I have decided that I'm going my way.

There were a lot of factors impeding this decision and I never thought I would resort to such bold steps but I realized that my worries are just all arbitrary and all along I knew what I was supposed to do but I just didn't dare to do it.

Nope, my parents do not know my intentions yet, just a handful of people who I think would support my endeavour (I'm so freaking thankful for that). I will let them know when I get all the stuff more or less settled and I hope they would just accept it. I feel a lil sorry towards my parents pertaining to this decision but I'll make sure my goals remain and I have never given up all along. Maybe this would even make me a better person. Just need to bear with the nitpickings and quibbles for the moment.

To celebrate my liberation from this messy affair (as how G puts it) I ordered a regular Mocha Truffle ($5) instead of the usual small cafe latte ($3.30) at Gloria Jeans. Just digressing, but GJ is totally ripping me off - I drink something from there every single day this week and I'm quite sure the following weeks too till I get back to Singapore and I have a bad feeling that I would still be their loyal customer and travel all the way to if I'm not wrong, Borders? (The only GJ in Singapore) and get my current fav.

Anyway, basically, I hope I won't face too many carping criticisms with my decision cause... hey, you really have no basis to do so. Oh yeah, but of course...you've your freedom of expression.

Haha I totally agree with Alex that 'we're the victims of pr' haha. How true.

[edited] haha I think I just misled a few who thought that my decision is to drop law. Wrong.

No comments: