Friday, October 10, 2008

Desperate

[ATTENTION from your ever demanding friend]: The National Vertical Marathon is on this coming Feb, 8th. All my momos, you are ordered to join. If not...you've to treat me 10bowls of tau huay or 10 plates of chee cheong fan and feel.my.wrath. *Please join please join please join with me, we'll form an awesome team. Ok, hurry off and start training, we are going to win!!!

Never have I felt so worried for my future.
I.need.to.get.an.internship.its.not.funny.anymore.
[NZ has entered into a recession. Shortly after, Singapore followed her footsteps. Damn...its a time of doldrums for both my home-bases]

'You've received an email from xxx' notice popped up on my screen just now.
OMG I literally felt my heart sinking. If its a negative reply, I'll be way more than a lil upset.
Apprehensively, I tried opening my email and my dial-up speed internet only made me closer to experiencing a hyperventilation.
Damn, its even more fearsome/unnerving/intense than a bungy jump. Not exaggerating, we're talking about my future here (assuming that the financial markets manage to survive and that the Maya calender isn't true).

Cliche as it might sound, that minute felt like an hour. After that whole lot of mixed emotions welling up in me this is what I saw:
Dear Huiling
Thank you for your email.
We aim to get back to you as soon as we can.
Huiling, you honestly should stop imagining/thinking too much. Dude! People are still processing your application, relax la!

Gosh! All these intense surge of emotions/worries/undue haste/worries/excitement/thoughts have left me floating around in my own world the past few days. Talk about thinking too much. Of course, how can I leave out my big plans for the hols. Last night I went on my own lil frolic again, deviating from the most important task at hand - completing my assignment. You have no idea how the search for air-tickets can be such an adrenaline-pumping activity. But talking to my parents after which totally deflated my floating self, burst my bubble and pulled me down to reality. How true that they always keep my grounded, sometimes to the extend of sinking. Nonetheless, they still keep me afloat in one sense or the other.

I hate Art History 114G. Its 3hours of bullcrap a week with an impending 2000words of bullshit.



No comments: