Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Absolutely peculiar

Huh? I feel that I'm living in an ultimately surreal world now - Its either I am dreaming or I am not existing.

Maybe its the lack of sleep again.
I had an assignment due today which I usually finish a week before but obviously I didn't and had to even skip 2 lectures to complete it - Yes, last-minute.

Considering I didn't sleep much the past few nights and a few important matters to attend to and major decisions made etc, I felt that I used 10% of my brain instead of the usual 3% as Einstein states (Am I even right about this fact?). And being deprived of GJ this morning made me 1000xs more lethargic. And as usual, being a true-blue Singaporean, I was late for History lecture by 20minutes after which I skipped the next 2 lectures to complete the 4% worth of Accounting assignment (Yes, only 4%). I mean even if I get that question wrong, its only gonna affect my grades by less than 0.5marks but its either the kiasu-ism or the I-just-need-to-know-how-to-do-it urge in me, I refused to hand it in till I kinda think its right.

But my brains could only function at 10% of its usual rate and it was just a totally wrong time to piss me off then. So as I was rushing for time, this kinda familiar girl came up to me and said, 'Hey, you did accting 102 last sem right? You are doing acct 221 now?' Damn... I recognized her after awhile...that girl who kept forcing answers out of me during tutorial when the tutor was talking. I mean, I need to listen to explain but she just went on and on and on and on so I could never get anything out of the tutorial. So I can never teach her nor can I even understand it myself.

I knew she had the intention to copy my answers but I really don't like that idea. Firstly, I don't really know you, I don't even remember your name. Secondly, if you weren't that last minute, I can teach but not let you copy! You gotta work it out yourself. Attitude totally wrong. Thirdly, I'm pretty screwed myself so as I much as I want, sorry. So I told her as politely as I could that I haven't finish it myself but she kept insisting (She didn't even have her assignment there). I got a lil impatient yet guilty but I really have negative amount of time to continue that mini argument. Probably she got me at the wrong time, I was really tired and I had another tutorial soon. Tough luck. And no, she didn't give up, she saw Nat's assignment and flip through it. That really pissed me off because that was not even my assignment and she just took it without asking?! So I took it back. And you thought she would just give up, but no, she said she will come later after printing her assignment. -.- But I left a lil after because I had a tutorial.

Yes, I'm horrible and I'm pretty guilty bout that. But..aiyah! Sorry lor. Just not the time to ask me for help.

Thank god Nat got coffee for me before Crim tut else I'll definitely doze off again. Although its not comparable to GJ, its still effective. Ok, this is the crux of my post - I was utterly stupefied when I got back my results.

I had this crim test weeks ago which I totally screwed it up because I had a mental bock and had almost nothing to write - to the extend that I wanted to walk out of the exam hall. In fact, it bothered me so much I had to go out with a couple of friends for a drink to straighten out my thoughts. And the following weeks after that test I was still demoralized about it and felt fidgety during Crim lects and am half way on giving it up. When the results were released, my whole mind was clouded with the thought on how badly I'd done and trying to create the worst case scenario - maybe 9/100. I refused to check the results nor collect the paper although I know I need to do a proper review on it. I was gonna ask my friend to collect it for me but I reckon I shouldn't be such a pussy.

So I decided to collect it today, after crim tut and before SY's birthday dinner. I told myself not to be too affected by it and if I really was (which I was almost certain i would be) the company later in the evening would probably comfort me a lil. So yes, I went to collect my essay and test and expecting to get a single digit. When I opened the script, to my horror/surprise (I don't know what words to use) I saw a double digit which starts with 7 and ends with 6. So I rolled my eyes thinking that they gave me the wrong script. (Getting B+ for Part 2 law is kinda impossible for people like me) But I thought the handwriting looked familiar. So I reckon it was mine and I was kinda sure that they entered the wrong marks. So I flipped through it with the -.- mindset, already expecting some super stupid major mistake in calculations. But to my horror (Yes, horror, not even happiness because I thought it was totally absurd) I saw the comments 'good', 'good', 'v.good', 'self-defence', 'good effort', '76'and thought - you MUST be kidding me. This is totally wrong. I mean, HUUUUUHHHH I'm so confuse! I mean wth! I spent so many sleepless nights and worries and blah blah blah because of this. I know, you must be trashing me now saying that I should just be contented but I just think this is just so ridiculous. I can't say that I'm happy, I think I'm more of dumbfounded. Huuuhhhh I totally feel so stupid worrying like shit the past few weeks...not paying attention in lects huuuuhhhhhhhhh ironic. I'm so damn freakin lucky. I think I can even win a jackpot now.

But my opinion's marks was bad but I think it accurately reflects the quality of that piece of work - crap. Totally mistook a whole chunk of law but as usual Brown ALWAYS states something consoling at the end of his markings no matter how crappy your work is. He said my English expression is well-up to task - Although I feel absolutely flattered, I know thats not true. I must correct that statement - not MY but the people who not only proof-read that opinion but even corrected all my nonsensical mistakes. Haha thanks to those - I promise I'll give you all a treat.

And yesterday I was checking out the GJ's outlets in Sg and the good news is that there are 3 not 1! At Marina, Raffles and Vivo. Yup, no worries now. So as I was surfing through their web I unknowingly ended up in this page - http://www.gloriajeans.com/t-franchising.aspx
Haha! Yes, I wanna franchise more of them in Sg. Haha nah, just joking I don't have such means but I reckon if there are more outlets or if Sgporeans are more aware of GJ, they would be as or even more popular than Starbucks! Starbucks is way too expensive and I don't know, but I love GJs here. Ok, I must qualify my statement, I love Gloria Jeans @ Borders. Yes! Another dream of opening a small lil cafe in the center of a bookshop. Hah. Maybe one day I should just sit there and count the number of customers patronizing that outlet and work out how much they probably earn! I bet its a lot!

And! I've spent so much there! Damn! But I try not to spend on anything except groceries which I haven't even bought for a couple of weeks. How I survive? Didn't you know instant noodles are students' best friends? Haha.

Haha, this is totally random, but yesterday when I was doing some work in GJ, a friend dropped by and told me the most absurd and funniest thing about his childhood I nearly died laughing. I still think that that is totally ridiculous. Rolls eyes again.

Ytd I started to use reverse psychology to convince my parents. As in, imbuing indirectly my opinions so that they would be slowly be influenced and maybe at the end of the year when I let them know my decision they would just happily embrace it, without even displaying the slightest objection. But of course, I got to be discrete about it - sounding neutral and blahblahblah so that they won't think I'm being emotional or bias. Haha this feels like a game -.- I hope I win.

Oh no...I just read what I've just typed and I think my blog is totally rubbish... Its totally void of contend and random stuff coming out from me. Ahh... haha sorry for wasting your time if you're even reading this. haha.

Yup, to again emphasize my identity as a true-blue Singaporean, I'm once again, very late for dinner now.

No comments: