Thursday, January 3, 2008

For the Odacians

I have never felt that this summer hols were actually hols. It ended too quickly and too many things happened.

I didn't have enough time to blog about what happened during the hols which was really a pity because I guess I've learnt a substantial amount of stuff. Ok, i'll do it for the next few days.

I just wanna say that I was really touched by the Odacians.
Honestly, I was never really very close each and every of them and I wonder why did they ever wanna put in such effort for my 21st and what did I do to deserve it?

But then again, Odac is kinda like a big family where you may not see each other every day, may not be very close to each and everyone of them, yet they will go all the way out for you, do nothing to harm you, be nice to you...

In short, a bunch of reliable and life-long friends.

Its difficult to imagine how this is possible... everyone has different backgrounds, different personalities yet were 'forced' to come together in JC. After which, went their seperate ways, led their own kinda life yet come together every now and then and it seems as though nothing had changed.

Its a very comforting feeling...like... a lil shelter which is perpetually there.

In all honesty, I never felt that I was very close to Odac in JC. I was kinda living in my own world, doing my own stuff.. yet after graduating I noticed the difference in Odac..they bother to keep in contact and showed the rest that friendships do not end when school ends.

Ever since I've left Singapore for NZ, I always thought that I do not really belong to a place. My friends in Singapore have moved on. I am just another foreigner in NZ. But the 21st party made me feel that...really Huiling... you really don't need to be with your friends constantly or talk to them constantly to maintain a friendship. One day, everyone is gonna work... some may travel.. some may have other commitments.. but friendships don't just end there.

I guess you all know what I mean. Its difficult for me to accept it then. But after 2 years overseas and then meeting up with my friends in Singapore...it feels that nothing much have changed. We are still good friends. We are still more or less the same. Its just whether you allow pessimism to cloud your thoughts.

I'm just...so bloody thankful for every single thing which happened during this summer vacation. I've really learnt a lot.


Got these from Shiqi's blog because I don't know how to do collages hahaha




Thank you Odacians. You've no idea what this 21st means to me.
Of course, thanks to the rest who attended...
Like what Hendric said.. I'm the luckiest shit haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.