Monday, January 28, 2008

Ludicrous me

When Huiling likes something, she don't just like it... she gets obsessed with it..
It was once NarutoThen BleachThen Prison BreakAnd now... THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Yes, I know, its been years since it was on screen)I have never watched it because I was never a fan of fantasy. I felt compelled to when I came to NZ (since it was filmed here and Peter Jackson is a New Zealander) but I procrastinated till a couple of days ago. I remembered when I was backpacking NZ 2 years back, I've came across a couple of LOTR's site and LOTR's shop etc and I can never really get to appreciate it. But since we are doing the Tongariro trek this summer (which is the site of Mordor if I'm not wrong) I decided that I MUST WATCH IT. And as you can see, I'm hooked on it.
This trilogy is really...classic. I finished the trilogy and the documentaries on it, behind the scenes videos within 2 days. Its as if I was assimilated into their world and I just couldn't stop watching such that I refused to get out of my house on my 21st birthday. I contemplated for quite some time (because I know this birthday is of special importance and I can watch LOTR anytime later) but... the attractive forces of the TV were just too strong to withhold and I 'unconsciously' reached out for my phone and changed my appointment to another day. Because...I think LOTR is more worth it! YOU ALL MUST WATCH IT! (Although I bet you guys did already) Peter Jackson is a genius man! YAY! I've never felt so proud of NZ before! Everything is just so darn real and the casts were...so beautiful! Ok, everything is so beautiful sans the orcs and the forces of darkness. Frodo's (Elijah Wood) eyes are so alluring!And Galadriel is so fair you feel as if you'll just melt in front of her.And of course, everyone loves LegolasAnd Aragorn... the character which I used to dislike last time - thinking that he is constantly dirty and oily but not so now!Sigh...I'm really quite sad when it ended. Its as if I went through the whole journey with them (-___-" I know) such that I even teared. Dottttsssss Huiling... you are being overemotional again. Haha pardon my deranged mind!

Anyhows, recently, I've came up with a couple of new dishes! Introducing...

Ah Hui's Chai Tou Kway
(Ah Hui's Fried Carrot Cake)According to the order of the photos...
Step1: Shred carrots
Step2: Mix rice flour with water
Step3: Mix till smooth
Step4: Add shredded carrots into mixture
Step5: Continue mixing and at the same time, boil it
Step6: Transfer into a metal plate when it is half-cooked
Step7: Steam
Step8: Carrot cake is ready
Step9: Fry radish with onion, garlic, chilli
Step10: Fry with eggs and dark sauce and this is what you get...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A FAILED FRIED CARROT CAKE! Hahahahahaha you've been fooled! Apparently it didn't turn out that well.

K, never mind, there are more!

Ah Ling's Sauteed Salmon
Ah Chen's Modified Gong Bao Pork coupled with 'special' Yong Tou FuHaha I know the name sounds totally wrong
Lastly,

Ah Huat's Special Scallop Con gee Alright, I've ran out of names and I think Ah Huat is a typical Hokkien name so yeah..Ah Huat's Special Con gee! (Which is actually, nothing more than plain porridge hahahaahha)

Sigh...LOTR has ended. =(

No comments: