Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Words of a 21 year old

Alrights, this is the first entry I'll post as a 21 year old.
Obviously, words coming out from a 21 year old should be kinda wise.
Let me think of something wise to say with a considerable impact on you, my friends!
I reckon I'm the oldest among all who are reading this! So... let me play my role (chuckles with contentment)

Ok, behold the wise words of the 21 year old Huiling.........
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
I think Frodo is damn pretty!!!!! Look at his eyes! They are mesmerizing. Don't you agree?! That stupid ass always called me a hobbit in JC and I hated it! But now I really don't mind being Frodo Baggins! And Jo! You are Samwise Gamgee! HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Sigh... I'm on to my 2nd time watching it -___-"

Alrights, cut the crap. The above is just to show you that Huiling is still young at heart! =) All my posts are of total crap recently! Cause I'm in a very good mood =) Anyways, lets move onto something a lil more serious.

‘The Era of Procrastination, of Half-Measures, of Soothing and Baffling Expedients, of Delays is Coming to its Close.
In its Place We are Entering a Period of Consequences'


Sir Winston Churchill, Nov 12 1936

Yeah, Huiling is being a slow pok again. She just watched 'An Inconvenient Truth' by U.S. former Vice President Al Gore - which was out probably 3 years back.

Another call to us to save the environment. Although everyone's been harping over it, nothing substantial was actually done. Well, not enough I suppose. I always tell myself that I must do something. Anything. Just do something to help when I watch these kinda documentaries. Regardless if its about the environment, about poverty, about drugs etc but the urge only lasts for that moment. It may plague me for a period of time but it usually fades off.

I remembered I was so inspired by this Nobel Laurette (see, I even forgot his name) who came up with some economic system which contributed heaps to this community of people. I was like... oh man, I'm gonna do something like him next time. Next time. When is my next time? When is your next time?

I've heaps of excuses for not doing anything about the environment. For not contributing to the society. For not participating in voluntary works. I admit it. I know that many would probably say if I've the heart to do it or if I have the determination to do it, I will. I'll say that I can't contribute much. But of course, you can tell me the old saying that everything, no matter how small matters.

However, I still hold my point that yeah, I may be able to contribute something now. But its not worth it. Its too insignificant. Why not concentrate what I do best now and perfect it? After which when I've gained a strong foothold of what I'm doing, do something more enduring about societal concerns? Its something like gaining economies of scale. Its more efficient that way, ain't it?

Yup, be skeptical about my point. Yup, it may just be another excuse which sounds a lil more justified. Lets just hope that Huiling keeps her promise to herself about what matters most. There are gonna be many temptations, many issues concerning morality in years to come. Maybe I'll be blinded by wealth, by authority, by relations. I can't say for sure that I can always hold true to my principals. I may be determined but I cannot be certain because there are going to be many unexpected situations which I would probably face. But lets just hope that I'll be true to what I believe in and remember my purpose in this life I lead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At this age of you, it is not being wise but also not possible to have wisdom, too.

The reason is that ywisdom comes from experience of life.

You have titled your blog as "experience life".

In your blog, one can see that you are trying hard to be happy.

You try to find the best ways to gain as much experience of life.

However this much depends on your moral latitude of life.

Walk the right way is always the best of life.