Tuesday, April 10, 2007

move along

There is this peculiar feeling I had today - looking back but surprisingly not with sadness. Not that my past was a sad one, just that I had always felt the heartache here when I reminisce the past - If only I can do that again, if only I needn't leave my friends back in Singapore.

But recently, the heartache subsided. Maybe because my effort in trying to appreciate things here paid off, maybe because I've realized the need to move on after seeing everyone back in Singapore getting on with their lives, maybe I've realized that I am truly lucky, maybe I've gotten used to it, maybe I've accepted how things are, maybe I've let go...

In any ways, its a good start for me. Although it sounds foolish, but now, I dare look at photos we had in Singapore without tearing. I wake up in the mornings with things to do. Not just studies, not just housework but waking up to coffee, to TV, to radio, to friends.

I now like the cafe culture, the music on radio, the food, the weather. I hope this is permanent. It took me a lot of courage to accept this place because accepting a place means letting go of another. And the 'another' is Singapore which I held and will still hold on close to heart. I won't forget about my times in Singapore, but I will move on as well.

Letting


go

of

you

and accepting you...

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Hey! thats me with the puffy hair.lol.
don't mope over good memories. go out and create more.
haha.but yea. don't forget us either. meet up again when ur back!