Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Backpacking #5 - JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't help it but rant about my excitement.
Ok, its not confirm that I am really 100% guarantee plus chop etc going because....
I HAVEN'T BOUGHT MY AIR TICKETS!
Only after booking my air-tickets would I really consider myself going.

Last night I was talking to my dad and we were searching tickets online and there was one to Osaka and my dad said 'book now huh?' I was taken aback because I felt that it was just too fast and random and unexpected and don't know...just so not prepared! Cause if I really book the tickets, I can't change the dates anymore! But I can't believe my parents are so swift bout that!

Ok, they still don't know that I may be traveling alone for a few days...if they know, I can totally give up the thought of going so of course, they are not going to be notified bout that!

Its really not the time to be researching bout the trip but I can't help it because I need to settle some stuff before I can even book the tickets! Apparently there are no more tickets to Tokyo on the dates I'm looking at so my only alternative now is to go to Osaka first. Kinda decided where I wanna cover already - Osaka -> Nara -> Kyoto -> Tokyo -> Osaka with the 7 days railway pass! Wonder how am I gonna go Kobe though...theres this Kobe Luminare during Christmas which I really wanna go! Heard its beautiful!!

Accommodation is rather expensive though (compared to the backpackers in NZ which ranges from $18-$25 per night). The cheapest I can find in Japan is something called Ryokan, probably their version of backpackers. There are youth hostels which costs around $37 a night but its shared. Erm I feel that its a lil dodgy if I have to stay with other people when I'm alone. Sigh!

Alrights, I must keep everything going else my plans of backpacking to Japan will fail! I even bought a travel diary just now for planning purposes and I'll probably buy the Japan Lonely Planet travel guide tomorrow! And its as if heaven is on my side - I've a 40% discount voucher from Borders for travel guides!

Ok, I shan't bore you with all those details anymore like what I'm doing to everyone around me! Haha whenever I see my friends in uni, I just can't control myself and start talking bout my plans -.-.

Ok, all I need to do now is to be focus on my work. Exams starting next week.

Haha oh yeah, as usual, I've been going to GJ/SB everyday. And in SB, they ask for your name when they take your order. Knowing that they can't spell my name, I usually give my initials - HL and this is what they gave me:
So I decided to say 'Ling' the next time. And they gave me:

Alright, I know. I need to get a English name. So I decided to just say Lynn the next time. And this is what they gave me:

..........................................

And as you can see, I'm a comp idiot. I don't know how to rotate the pictures. I tried, but they just won't turn.

No comments: