Saturday, October 6, 2007

GJ vs SB

I spent the last couple of weeks camping in cafes - Gloria Jeans and Starbucks. Although I personally still prefer GJ way better than Starbucks, (I don't know why but Starbucks tastes so bad after drinking GJ...maybe its just that outlet, don't remember Starbucks tasting so bad before. I tried Cafe Mocha, Vanilla Latte, Caramel Latte, White Chocolate Latte, Cafe Latte and all tasted either wrong or substandard. But I stick to Cafe Latte now because it tastes like milk and its the cheapest)

Anyway the point is time passes so slowly now. I thought I went out with them for dinner a week before but actually, it was just 2 days before. Thats what happens when you stay in a place for too long. We sat there without moving from 1130am to 930pm, occasionally for toilet breaks. I was rushing for my exams revision while G was rushing for some archi project.

I felt like a lump of dough just sitting there the whole freaking day and night flipping through cases after cases for law, questions after questions for accounting. And its really draining on both my brains and my wallet. I mean, I felt that it was pretty wrong for us to sit there the whole day by just ordering a drink so I bought 2. 2 drinks from SB everyday - thats freaking wasting my money considering I don't even like it. And why am I not going to GJ? Because they have no power point for my laptop.

Haha ok, stop complaining. I quite like sitting there in fact - rather than sitting in the library. I'm so much more productive there plus the caffeine keeps me invigorated. But whenever I reach home, I'll feel like I'm floating around because my brain is kinda fried. So now, here I am, sitting down for a moment to rest. I was just reading several blog entries and suddenly, I realized that my lifestyle is so different here!

This is totally random but I realized that the way I live here is totally different from how I would in Singapore. Its just so different! Not that its bad, but its just different.

Ok, got to get back to my surreal world of cases after cases and calculations after calculations. And my vacuum cleaner just got to act stupid at this crucial time. Argh.

No comments: