Saturday, October 13, 2007

My dual lifestyle

Early bird
Night owl

I lived in Singapore for say 18plus years, NZ for approximately 2 years and I am ashamed to say that I hardly know much about my country- both Singapore and NZ. And so we were talking to Charlie from Taiwan during dinner. He has been here for 7years – meaning that he’d been away from Taiwan for 7 years. But, I’m impressed that he still knows his country's history, politics etc. Not just Taiwan but China and Hong Kong as well. And so we started bombarding him with questions about Taiwan's history and politics and to my delight, he was able to answer most of the questions and it was really interesting. I just know a lil about Taiwan...something about KuoMingTang and Chiang Kai Shek but nonetheless it was still a very entertaining topic to talk about. We digressed a lil to Singapore, ASEAN and a lil on Indonesia. I guess I've learnt a pretty substantial amount from them over a short dinner.

The other day we watched a video on the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp under the Nazis. It was so freaking disturbing. Listening to it was bad enough but watching it was just pure torturous. How they exterminated the Jews, stripped them, gassed them, used all their body parts for other purposes as if they were like commodities. And how the concentration camp functions as if it’s a factory – just that the raw materials were human. Look at the POW’s expressions – you will wonder why they even want to continue living. But the most disturbing part was when the bulldozer pushing all the dead naked bodies into the furnace. Freak! I don’t even want to try describing it. I guess its just the circumstance. Maybe the person sitting next to you now is the sweetest thing on earth but maybe if you put her/him into that context, can you guarantee that she/he will still be sweet?

3 more weeks before my exams end. Yes, I really can't wait for everything to be over. I don't want to wake up early in the morning and walk to Starbucks. I don't want to sit there the whole day. I don't want to skip lunch. I don't want to stay there till night. I want to just rot and read anything other then cases. I read 65 cases this week! 380pages in total and considering that 2 pages are printed on 1, its 760pages!!! That totally explains my headaches, loss of appetite, dizziness blah blah blah. Never mind, it will be over soon.

AND! SouthPark is ridiculously funny! I've only watched 2 episodes but I think its so damn funny I kept re-watching them. Especially the death of Eric Cartman. HAHAHA ITS SO DAMN FUNNY I LAUGH WHENEVER I THINK ABOUT IT. I was controlling my laughter when I was watching it at GJ. My god, I felt like exploding with laughter.
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Ingeniously funny!

No comments: